|28 for 28|
I love routine, and honestly depend on it. Well, this year has been nothing close to routine - and I have learned a lot about myself. I have realized that I am an organized nomad, that really just wants a place to call home. Thus, allowing everything else to fall into place. I was told by a handful of my older friends that 27 is rough - well, after spending 365 days as a twenty-seven year old...I concur. And, perhaps the word rough is an understatement.
I now realize that my ideal evening - is sitting alone, with a candle, music and some wine. Not out galavanting from bar-to-bar. My bank account loves me, as do my feet from sans-heels every day.
So, not everything about 27 was bad - Like I said before, it was a big learning year - so I figured I would summarize my 8765.81 hours adventure:
- I consumed more lattes, breakfast burritos and bagels than a small army - aka I learned that I LOVE breakfast.
- Rode bikes & had drinks with Cavendish - not once, but twice!
- Tried to force myself to do push-ups & sit-ups everyday - that lasted about two weeks.
- Found my calling for trail running - however, I only run when I don't have time to ride.
- Saw my dad 4 times this year! Christmas, Random Weekend in February, Easter, and Memorial weekend.
- Found the perfect Joshua Tree....in Joshua Tree.
- Consequently, I went to Palm Springs twice - I even saw the Cazabon Dinosaurs.
- Went to my first (and last) NFL game.
- Juiced multiple times - decided that it was making me fat. But, beet juice is mah fav!
- Went to Grass Valley, CA - I have now visited 6 different wine sectors of California
- Have ridden well over 4,500+ miles on my road bike
- Bought a new mountain bike - I am ready to sell it already. Any takers?
- Was united with Ingrid, the SportsWagen - I am so in love with her
- Started seeing a chiropractor - he's the best.
- Said Goodbye to Syd - She was my faithful companion of a Jeep with 260,000 miles.
- Was named to the Rapha Ambassador Team - This has been completely life changing, and amazing.
- Stayed in the house where Germany's next top model was filmed - I am no model though.
- Fell in-love with my Trek Domane 5.2 - dubbed Delilah
- Went to Joshua Tree - Found an adventure partner that I absolutely adore
- Have had 4 ear infections -yes, this is still a problem
- Realized I do indeed like tomatoes if prepared the right way- this is me maturing
- Was a part of 2 photo shoots for GLOBAL campaigns - a-w-e-s-o-m-e!
- Said goodbye to a partner in crime - people change, and go in different directions
- Went skiing - it was f*cking awesome!
- Got an Instagram account - became an addict.
- Rode in 2 Gran Fondo's - each being 100+ miles, and I won one of the GRM's for my age
- Competed in my second Rapha Gentlemen's race - the other one I did was my last day of 26 y/o.
- Have had major crushes on 3 guys - all extremely nice. Tall, athletic and brunette.
- Went to NYC for my first time - itching to go back!
- One of the most amazing bosses I've ever had left the company I worked for - bummed.
- Found a new rad boyfriend - he plays guitar, rides bikes and cooks - Swoon!!
- Went to Ohio - impulse trip, and I had a BLAST!
- Realized I like R&B - yikes...
- Found a really great group of new friends - I still have the old ones, and love them just as much.
- Went to Crested Butte and one my first BIG GIRL vacation - counting down the days until I go back.
- Had a gnocchi off - I still think I won.
- Became an avid camper, okay this is still happening - but - I am trying to embrace it!
- Saw Vail Resorts donate a boatload of money towards ALS - words cannot even express the happiness and thankfulness.
- Realized that I am a nomadic-soul.
- Ate caribou - TWICE! But, I still embrace my inner-veggy love.
- Finally, went on a boat on Lake Tahoe - after all those years of living there.
- I have read 18+ books on my kindle - that was still the best gift I ever received!
I am sure there are so many other neat things and learning experiences that I had throughout 27 that I am forgetting (even though I keep a journal). Really looking forward to what 28 has in-store for me - it has to be good...
Sending Love from SoCal -