After doing some research I decided to save myself about $100 and make the juices with my handy-dandy Breville.
For 3 days, I drank a juice every 2 hours from the time I woke up to two hours prior to going to bed. I felt normal the first day - actually so great that I found myself out on a run. The second day I was exhausted, I had a really hard time in the morning. The third day, I was ready to cave - especially when my neighbor tempted me with some "fermented grape juice" - it's juice right? I didn't give in. Friday I found myself walking up and aware that I didn't have to juice, although, at that point it just felt right...so I had en egg. Odd? After being at a trade show all day I was craving a juice, so I quickly found a place to get a juice. The way I felt on Saturday was out of this world amazing - I wish I felt like that all the time. Today, Monday, was one of the first times in a while that I woke up at 6 am without a struggle...I was ready to take on what some consider the worst day of the week.
So, what exactly did I drink for 72 hours?
- 6 am Spicy Lemonade: 1 freshly juiced lemon, 1 Tbsp Agave, a dash or two of cayenne, filtered water.
- 8 am Green Drank: 1/2 bunch of kale, 1/2 bunch spinach, 1/2 cucumber, 1 green apple, 4 stocks of celery and 1/2" of ginger.
- 10 am Pineapple Mint: 1/3 pineapple, 1 green apple, mint (I guessed on the amount used).
- Noon: Spicy Lemonade
- 2 pm Beet Juice: 1 beet, 1 green apple, 1 lemon, 3 carrots (this is my favorite)
- 4 pm: Spicy Lemonade
- 6 pm Orange Juice: 5 carrots, 1/2 grapefruit (rind removed), 1/2" ginger, 1 green apple
- 8 pm Cashew Milk: 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked in water for 8+ hours, drain put through juicer and pour additional 8-10 ounces of water in, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla.
I drank a BUNCH of water throughout the three days, which really wasn't that much more than what I normally consume. We eat healthy in our house 6 out of 7 days a week - so this was not that hard of a transition. However, it ended up being much easier to juice for several days because Spence was working nights in the hospital - so there was no dinners to be made. After having a successful experience with this flush I would like to challenge myself to do this 2-4 times a year. As I start gaining more knowledge about juicing I am really looking forward to learning more about different recipes, various cleanses, etc.