I eat healthy, I take my vitamins, I try to get the need amount of sleep, and I drink a TON of water. I have ALWAYS had a sinus issue when it comes to air conditioning - now factor in the 110 degree heat we have and my body cannot handle it. I am convinced that that is what is making me sick....
So...what have I done? Well - I took the day off to catch up on sleep and pump my body with the necessary good stuff from medicine to vitamins and liquids. I thought I would share some of the methods I have been testing out this time around...
Elderberry: Alleviates allergies and improves respiratory health. My mom got me hooked on this a few years ago...I put two squeezes in my juice (or sometimes just down my throat) a few times a day.
Olive Leaf: Full of antioxidants - I take this the same way that I take elderberry. Honestly, it takes like cr*p, but, it must be working since it tastes so horrendous - right? This is pretty interesting stuff, you can read more here
Thayers: What is not to love about lozenges, especially when they are maple syrup flavored? I thought this was a great find. I was actually looking for Fishermans, but that was completely unsuccessful. These are pretty good, I honestly have no clue if they actually do anything but they taste great!
Sambazon: Supergreen, super healthy, super packed full of antioxidants! Why not? Especially with kale & ginger in it too?! I honestly think this could be a cure-all. The best part was, I found it on sale at Sprouts!
- Fish Oil (4-5): Good for you heart & blood and had a reputation of being 'brain food'. There are many other benefits, click here to learn more.
- Ginger (4): Helps aid digestion, etc etc etc Learn more here!
- Licorice Root (2): This is good for digestion too, it also aids against infections caused by bacteria.
- L Lysine (2-3): This is an amino acid that your body actually needs.
- B-12 (1-2): Way back in the day when I went to Burning Man, a nurse told me to take B-12. Not only would it alleviate a hangover the next day, but also it would help with dehydration. For some reason I have stuck with it ever since.
- Biotin (1): I have to keep these blonde locks luscious some how.....Biotin is believed to help hair and nail growth - now, I can't tell if its because I live at the ocean now opposed to high altitude but I think its working?
- Iron (1): I take an iron supplement daily because women run low on iron especially at one time in particular during the month - it is just a fact of life.
- Trader Joe's Women's Vitamin (1): I have been taking these since I was a freshy at UNR, and haven't stopped. I guess it is a habit now and I am convinced I feel a zillion times better when I take it.
So, maybe I am a little over the top - but - if it makes you feel good why stop? Spencer says that if I didn't spend so much time buying vitamins I wold have a lot of extra time and money - whatever Doctor.... :)
Sending Love from SoCal.
PS - this took me two days to write and I feel MUCH better today.